HOTCHECK - THE ANALYSIS OF HOTEL BUILDINGS
The HOTCHECK serves as a fast, precise and cost-effective condition analysis of hotel properties in Germany. We systematically examine for:
- Repair backlog (defects requiring immediate action to avoid consequential damage to the building)
- Renovation backlog (maintenance backlog)
- Restructuring backlog (deficiencies without immediate need for action)
- Obsolescence and the associated need for modernization in accordance with current hotel standards and the usual requirements of franchisors and customers.
- Need for adaptation to standards of specified hotel brands
and evaluate the
appropriateness of repairs of the property and its components
Further we investigate:
- Maintenance backlog and maintenance deficits
- Implementation of prescribed safety tests
- The fulfillment of safety-related requirements from laws, regulations and standards
- The fulfillment of labor law and hygiene regulations
- The exploitation of economic energy saving measures in building technology and building services
- The fulfillment of usual operator-specific technical requirements in the respective hotel category
- Scope and reliability of the inventory documents.
We document these points in a detailed assessment, identify violations of applicable regulations and present all deficits in description and photos. Our expert report defines the scope of mandatory measures as well as optional improvements of the building condition. This provides you with a comprehensive basis for purchasing and investment decisions as well as leases and contract renewals.
The basis of our checklist-based system is a database of laws, regulations, directives and guidelines relevant for hotels in the 16 federal states, the laws and regulations of the federal government as well as the regulations of the professional associations and insurance companies. We also take into account DIN standards, VDE guidelines and other technical guidelines. Based on the standard manuals of the major hotel chains, we identify additional expected standard operator requirements for security and technical building equipment.
Our HOTCHECK is also used by investors as part of the due diligence process.
Such an investigation is essential, especially when extending leases or changing operators or owners of older hotels. As a rule, older houses have serious weaknesses in the fire protection and other safety-related areas. The often cited right of continuance for such cases does not truly exist, the tacit tolerance of such conditions by regulatory authorities always leaves the risk to the operator and owner! The frequently encountered repair backlog of the building is also documented in the HOTCHECK.
As operator or prospective buyer you should request our investigation from the owner as a basis for your decisions. But even if you place the order yourself, the low cost will pay off, because we reduce your liability and cost risk considerably! Any extension of the expert opinion due to negative examination results will in any case be at the expense of the owner or seller.
The HOTCHECK of a middle-class hotel with up to 200 rooms costs approx. EUR 12,000. Please ask me about the price for examining your property.